Why I love the garden and its context - a walk with Bruegel

Dear Monty,

This being the time between times, I have been on a short journey around my garden and the land above it in order to see it in its context.




















It has been such a bright day.
I have been walking with Toff the whippet on the coal tip above our garden.
Frosted
The hill and its gouged tracks looked like a 21st century Bruegel.





The wooded hill down to the post industrial town
The smoking stacks
The brightness of ice
The toned down colours
The posts and wires










































This industrial scene on the edge of the Brecon Beacons is where I am trying to carve out a small sanctuary.



This has been a day of bright joy.




Paul

Comments

  1. Which only goes to show there is beauty everywhere; sometimes you just have to look harder to find it.You should get someone to open a caravan site, though, just to keep Charles happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ! In fact there are several old caravans parked on a plot of land opposite - he'd love them .

      Delete
  2. I love all your photos Paul...there is such a strong sense of place. What I want to do before I die is have a silver garden. What you have here reminds me of what I see in my mind's eye. Happy 2015 Paul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy 2015 to you Faisal - the silver garden sounds intriguing - and what a privilege to be linked with inspirational thoughts across the other side of this orb!

      Delete
  3. What a great set of pics. Thanks for your company and for all your smashing posts in 2014. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charles - likewise - thank you. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your friendship.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weariness and the NGS

Letter to Monty Don 48

Monty, where does the road take us ?